AND Function in Excel: Generally, the word AND refers to connecting two things. This is one of the logical functions in Excel. The logical functions are used to compare data from different cells. AND Logical function checks Multiple Conditions and returns TRUE if all the conditions are evaluated as true, otherwise returns FALSE.
This article describes the explanation, basic syntax, and usage of the AND function in the Excel worksheet. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of AND Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The Excel AND function return either TRUE or FALSE. It is a logical function used to require more than one condition at the same time.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the AND function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
=AND(logical1, [logical2], …)
- logical 1 – The first condition to evaluate.
- logical 2 – The second condition to evaluate [optional].
Analyze AND Function and know how it works in the Excel spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have given a range of input values in Column B and we will find if the given condition is true or false using the AND function.
- Then, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula to get the result, as shown in the following screenshot.
- Finally, we need to click on the Enter button to get the result. Drag down the first cell to fill the remaining cells as shown in the below image.
In the above article, we have discussed the explanation, syntax, and usage of the AND Function with a few practical examples. Is this article useful? Then kindly drop your valuable suggestions/queries in the comment box. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the Excel AND function in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!