Generally, the charts and graphs convey the information easily and make sense of the data. Many people use Excel to create charts to define a given data’s relationship. However, the greatest benefit of using a graph or chart is that it makes information visually interesting to people.
In Excel, there are various chart types available for users. We can use any of the chart types as we need. We all know that every chart uses a data marker to plot the data point. The more interesting feature is replacing these ordinary data markers with our desired pictures.
This article will show step-by-step guidelines for replacing data markers with pictures in Excel charts. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-365/excel.
Replace Chart Markers with Pictures
If you want to replace data markers with pictures in the Excel charts, kindly follow the below instructions.
- For instance, let us create a chart with profit information for the last five years of an organization.
- In the following image, you will see the profit amount for the given years.
- Then, we have to insert a chart for the details mentioned above.
- Let’s see how to create a Scatter Plot chart.
- Select the input range that you want to create a plot.
- Go to the Insert Tab, and select the Insert Scatter (X, Y) or Bubble Chart option.
- Then, you need to select the Scatter option.
- At last, you will get the scatter chart shown in the image below.
- To select pictures as Data Markers, you must right-click on any marker on your chart and select the Format Data Series option.
- On the right pane, you will see the Format Data Series wizard.
- You have to click on the Fill & Line option.
- Then select the Marker option.
- Under Marker Options, you have to select the Built-in option.
- Click on the Type drop-down list and select the Pictures icon.
- You can also use the Size drop-down list to change the size of your data marker.
- Now, it will open the Insert Picture window, where you need to select the image you want to insert as a data marker and hit the Insert button.
- Finally, as shown below, it will add a selected picture as a data marker on your scatter chart.
Replace Data Markers with Pictures without Kutools:
- Firstly, you must select the data cells or series of data you want to change.
- Now, right-click on the selected data cells, and you need to select the option Format Data Series.
- The Format Data Series dialog box will appear on your screen. You must go to the Series Options tab and choose Picture for Each Point.
- You need to select Use pictures from a file.
- Click the File option to add the custom pictures you want to use.
- You need to click the Insert button to add the custom pictures inside the data series.
- After this, the custom pictures will replace the old data markers on your chart.
Note: Bar charts have higher compatibility with this feature. And all the data points in the series must have their corresponding pictures.
This way, you can Add custom images to data points in Excel charts. Custom pictures for the data markers will make the Excel charts more engaging and explain the data clearly and boring-free.
Chart Types in Excel
- Excel provides plenty of charts to insert on the spreadsheet.
- Every chart type has a unique visual appearance to use accordingly.
The Bottom Line
Following the guidelines, you can easily replace data markers with pictures on your charts in Excel. Leave your suggestions/feedback in the below comment section. Thanks for visiting Aawexcel.com.