In Excel, how could we count the cells with multiple criteria? There is a formula with the COUNTIF function in Excel. By applying it to the worksheet, we can easily count cells based on some conditions.
In this tutorial, we will guide you to learn the formulas for Counting Cells with Multiple OR Criteria in Excel. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Here we come up with a simple formula to get the count of cells that fulfilled specified conditions or criteria.
- COUNTIF – The COUNTIF function helps to count cells in a range that meets certain criteria.
- range – It refers to the input range from where we want to count cells.
- criteria – The condition needs to be fulfilled.
- Parenthesis () – The main purpose of this symbol is to group the elements.
- Plus operator (+) – This symbol will add the values.
- Comma (,) – It is a separator that helps to separate a list of values.
How to Apply Formula to Count Cells with Multiple OR Criteria?
In order to count cells in the range based on certain conditions, we can use an Excel formula. This formula can make use of multiple COUNTIF functions. As we said earlier, the COUNTIF function returns the total count of cells that meets the given criteria within a range. For instance, we will need to get the count of students who all scored high marks in the examination.
Use the below-mentioned formula in any cell where you want to get the output result.
Once you have entered the formula, click on the Enter button to execute it and get the result.
If the above-given scenario is not enough to understand this formula and want to learn this with a simple example, kindly move to the following section.
Here we come up with a simple example to know how to apply this Excel formula in the spreadsheet.
- In the below screenshot, we give the input range in Column A, and age, and gender is given in Column B and Column C.
- Then, the age limits are given in Column E as shown in the image.
- After that, apply the given formula in the selected area.
- Finally, it will display the result in selected Cell F2 as shown in the below image.
In this article, you can get to know the formula for Counting Cells with Multiple OR Criteria in Excel. Kindly, drop your valuable feedback in the below comment section. Thanks for visiting AawExcel and Excel Formulas! Thank you so much for visiting our site!
The following video will let you know how to use an Excel formula to count cells with multiple OR criteria.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?