Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. With the help of this spreadsheet program, you can insert, organize, maintain, manage, and calculate data.
It offers built-in formulas and functions for performing mathematical operations. You can also use graphic tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). Macros and VBA help to automate the task, so you can quickly finish a huge work without spending more time in Excel.
In this tutorial, we will guide you to learn the Formulas for counting cells that begin with some values in Excel with a brief explanation. Let’s see them below!! Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
When entering and managing a huge data in Excel, sometimes, you want to count the cells that begin with specific values. In that case, we can use this formula to get the total count of values based on the given criteria.
You can use the below-given formula to count the number of cells that have values that begin with specific values in the Excel spreadsheet.
- COUNTIF – The Excel COUNTIF Function will help to count the number of cells that match a single condition or criteria.
- Range -It represents an input range given in a worksheet.
- Text – It is the criteria to count the cells that should begin with particular values.
- Asterisk (*) – It is a wildcard in Excel that means “match any number of characters”.
- Comma (,) – It is a separator that helps to separate a list of values.
- Parenthesis () – The main purpose of this symbol is to group the elements.
If you want to count cells that begin with specific values on your Excel worksheet, then follow the below-given instructions.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC with the sample data.
- Here, we have shown the sample data that we have entered for your reference on the spreadsheet.
- Here, we have entered the order ID in Column B.
- Once you have the data on the spreadsheet, you have to apply the given formula in the appropriate cell.
- We entered the formula in Cell E2 and hit the Enter button to get the result.
- After that, you can apply the same formula with the appropriate cell address to get the correct results on the remaining cells.
- Once you complete the above steps, you can easily count the cells that begin with the specific value on your worksheet.
Here, we explained the Formulas to count the number of cells containing the value that begins with particular values in Excel. You can also learn its basic syntax and explanation with its best example.
Hope that this article is useful to you. Kindly, drop your feedback in the below comment section. If you want to learn more Excel formulas, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?