In Excel, how could we extract the content from a specified row and column? There is a formula with INDIRECT and ADDRESS functions in Excel. By applying it to the worksheet, we can easily extract the content of the specified row and column.
For instance, you need to find the cell value based on the location. In this case, we can use that formula. In this tutorial, we will show the simple formula used to get the content of the given row and column in Excel. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Here we come up with a simple formula to get the content of the given row and column in Excel.
- INDIRECT – The INDIRECT Function in Excel returns a valid reference from a given text string.
- ADDRESS – The ADDRESS function will help to create a cell address from a given row and column.
- Comma symbol (,) – It is a separator that helps to separate a list of values.
- Parenthesis () – The main purpose of this symbol is to group the elements.
- Row– It represents the row number in your worksheet.
- Column – It contains the column number from the input data.
How to Apply Formula to Get Content of Specified Row & Column?
In order to extract the content of a specified cell from the range, we can use an Excel formula. This formula can make use of the INDIRECT and ADDRESS functions. The INDIRECT function will help you get the reference of a cell, whereas, ADDRESS function can return the text string that represents the address of a cell or a range of cells. For instance, we will need to get the content of the cell which has the total score gotten by Edward in his examination.
Use the below-mentioned formula in any cell where you want to get the output result.
Once you have entered the formula, click on the Enter button to execute it and get the result.
If the above-given scenario is not enough to understand this formula and want to learn this with a simple example, kindly move to the following section.
Here we come up with a simple example to know how to apply this Excel formula in the spreadsheet.
- In the below example image, you can see the list of fruits and their sales prices based on the month. And we want to get how many Kg of grapes sold on Mar 05, 2023.
- Then, enter the given formula in a cell where you want to get the result.
- Finally, you will need to click the Enter button to get the result, as shown in the below screenshot.
From this example, you can easily understand how to get the value given in the specified row and column.
Hope you understood the formulas used to get the content of the given row and column in Excel. If you have any doubt regarding this article or have any other questions related to Excel, let me know in the comments section below. Click here to know more about AawExcel and Excel Formulas!! Thank you so much for visiting our site!!
The following video will let you know how to use an Excel formula to get the content or value of the given row and column in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!